It’s not unusual for Austin City Limits to showcase the talent of a rising young star, and at only 18 years old, Sarah Jarosz is just that. Born in Austin and raised in Wimberley, TX, Jarosz grew up on bluegrass, attending a weekly jam in her hometown. Her development as a musician included not only workshops and performances at the prestigious festivals Telluride, Old Settler’s Music Festival and the Country Music Association Festival, but also jamming with Ricky Skaggs and Earl Scruggs on national television. The release of her debut Song Up In Her Head, produced by John Prine and Chris Thile collaborator Gary Paczosa, gave bluegrass a new voice, and earned Jarosz her first Grammy nomination. Earning three Austin Music Awards for Best Female Vocalist, Best Country/Bluegrass Artist, and Best Folk Act, the young musician now takes center stage in Studio 6A. Please join us for the ACL debut of Sarah Jarosz.
EPISODE LISTSteve Martin / Sarah Jarosz (Season 36)
- Sarah Jarosz and The Milk Carton Kids: the sound of contemporary folk music
- Giveaway: Sarah Jarosz and The Milk Carton Kids 11/10
- ACL to live stream Sarah Jarosz on Nov. 10
- Sarah Jarosz and The Milk Carton Kids 11/10
- New taping: Sarah Jarosz and The Milk Carton Kids
- Encore: Steve Martin & the Steep Canyon Rangers and Sarah Jarosz