Described by The Times as “the most peculiar and most highly acclaimed female singer of the moment,” “the latest in a line of great English pop eccentrics” and featured on the cover of Spin Magazine’s 2010 Artist of the Year issue, Florence Welsh is, simply put, one of the biggest, boldest rising stars of the decade.
Compared to the likes of Kate Bush and Sinead O’Connor, the forward-thinking London native is breaking the pop music mold by crossing styles as diverse as art rock, soul and baroque pop. Growing up in southeast London, Welch found her niche at an early age after deciding to drop out of school to pursue her music. She began collaborating with her friends under various monikers before committing to the project that would make her famous. Her hauntingly soothing yet sweet vocal style captured the attention of audiences across the U.K. shortly before being paired with a backing band, or rather, her “Machine.”
EPISODE LISTFlorence + The Machine / Lykke Li (Season 37)
- ACL artists at the 2016 Grammys
- Encore: Florence + the Machine and Lykke Li
- ACL Salutes the 2013 Grammy Nominees!
- The ACL Season 37 commemorative book is here!
- Encore: Florence + the Machine/Lykke Li
- Season 37 Poster Auction!
- Season 37, Episode 11: Florence + the Machine & Lykke Li
- New Year – New Episodes!