- The Mavericks rock ACL En EspanolSomehow, it’s been twenty years since country rock eclecticians the Mavericks last appeared on Austin City Limits. Fortunately, that’s changed with the band’s third taping, an audience-free taping due to the Covid-19 pandemic. This was a special show not only due to the combo’s long-overdue return, but also because the group showcased its daring, critically-acclaimed […]
- ACL to live stream 9/22 taping with The MavericksAustin City Limits is thrilled to announce we will be live streaming our taping with GRAMMY, CMA & ACM award-winning eclectic roots rock band The Mavericks on Sept. 22 at 7 p.m. CT at this location. The Mavericks make their third appearance on the ACL stage showcasing a career milestone, their first Spanish-language album, En […]
- Austin City Limits announces Season 46Live music beacon Austin City Limits proudly announces the fall return of the series and the initial Season 46 broadcast line-up; new installments begin airing October 3 as part of the program’s thirteen-episode season. With live music still on pause, ACL brings fans a full season filled with highly-anticipated debuts from some of today’s most […]
- Rufus Wainwright makes his long-awaited ACL debutSometimes you just have to say: it’s about damn time. It took a while, but singer, songwriter, and opera composer Rufus Wainwright finally made his long-awaited debut on Austin City Limits. Performing songs from his highly acclaimed tenth studio album Unfollow the Rules, and backed for this occasion by Denton, TX psych rock outfit Midlake […]
- ACL prepares for unconventional season 46Despite the challenges we’ve faced this year, plans for Austin City Limits Season 46 remain – the 13-episode season Austin PBS will deliver to PBS stations nationwide this fall will be a mix of new, already-taped episodes and selections from our archives. The new season will premiere October 3 and will provide a rare opportunity […]
More Information About Tapings
ACL Live at The Moody Theater is located at 310 W. 2nd Street, Willie Nelson Blvd.
Entering multiple times does not improve your chances of winning and multiple entries will be deleted. A random drawing is conducted to determine the winners of the Space Available passes. Passes are not transferable or for sale.
You will be notified via email if you have won tickets to a taping; the email will contain further instructions. Two passes per person are allowed. Please be in Austin or the surrounding community. A pass does NOT guarantee admission to a taping. KLRU will admit as many ticket holders as our capacity limit allows. That limit is set by the State Fire Marshal and is strictly enforced. In order to be assured of a full house for the taping, KLRU distributes tickets in excess of our capacity to account for “no-shows.”
If you are in Austin for a visit you are welcome to follow the giveaway process detailed here. Unfortunately, KLRU cannot accommodate special out-of town requests. However, another way to get the Austin City Limits experience is to attend the Austin City Limits Music Festival, or attend a scheduled concert at ACL Live at The Moody Theater, the new home of Austin City Limits.
Check out our FAQs for a longer explanation of the ins and outs of attending a taping.