October 17, 2024, will mark 50 years to the day that Willie Nelson stepped onto Austin PBS’s Studio 6A wooden stage and recorded the pilot episode of Austin City Limits. Now, five decades and more than a thousand recordings later, we’re reflecting on what a truly special musical journey this has been. We want to hear what Austin City Limits has meant to you, our fans – the people who have made this whole thing possible.
Tell us about:
- Tapings you attended
- Episodes you remember watching on PBS
- Artists you discovered through ACL
- Any stories or memories
- Tell us what Austin City Limits has meant to you
- Or just wish us a happy birthday!
We might use your message on Austin PBS, our social media channels or more. Leave your name and by leaving a message, you’ll be entered to win a pair of passes to an Austin City Limits Season 50 taping in 2024.
Tips for best results:
- Find a quiet space
- Include your name and phone or email – we’ll keep that part to ourselves
- Try to keep your message under three minutes, but it’s okay if you go over.