"Why Me Lord?" (Season 42)
Part of the Winans, gospel’s first family, CeCe Winans is the bestselling female gospel artist of all time. She makes her Austin City Limits debut performing her inspiring, uplifting songs.
The Detroit native made her performing debut with her brother BeBe in 1982 as part of the PTL Singers. The pair launched their career as a duo in 1987, releasing bestselling albums that earned them gold and platinum albums, three Grammy Awards, nine Dove Awards, and numerous hit singles on the R&B charts. Winans began her solo career in 1995 with the Grammy-winning platinum album Alone in His Presence, scored a top 10 single in “Count On Me,” a duet with close friend Whitney Houston, and has continued to have an impact on gospel and R&B ever since.
Considered to be gospel music royalty, she comes to the ACL stage bearing latest single “Never Have to Be Alone,” as well as new songs from a forthcoming record to be released in 2017. Of her new music, Winans says, “I pour my heart and soul into my songs. I hope it brings you encouragement, joy, and love. In life we face challenges and oftentimes we need one another to make it through. Music helps pull me through these times.”
EPISODE LISTCeCe Winans / St. Paul & The Broken Bones (42)
- CeCe Winans and St. Paul & the Broken Bones bring pure soul to ACL Season 42
- ACL Announces Complete Season 42 Broadcast Schedule
- CeCe Winans and St. Paul & the Broken Bones’ souled-out performances
- Giveaway: Cece Winans and St. Paul and the Broken Bones
- New tapings: Parker Millsap, CeCe Winans and Alejandro Escovedo