Buddy Guy’s astounding career spans over fifty years with just as many albums released. Tonight the legendary blues guitarist/singer returns to the Austin City Limits stage performing career highlights as well as songs from his newest release, The Blues is Alive and Well.
Guy’s career highlights include the 2015 Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, seven Grammy Awards, 37 Blues Music Awards, Kennedy Center Honors, Billboard Music Awards’ Century Award, Presidential National Medal of Arts, and induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, to name a few. The blues titan recently released The Blues is Alive and Well, the acclaimed follow-up to his 2015 album Born To Play Guitar, which received “Best Blues Album” honors at the 2016 Grammy Awards, and debuted at #1 on Billboard’s Top Blues Album charts. Produced by Guy’s longtime partner Tom Hambridge and featuring special guests Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Jeff Beck and James Bay, the new album is hailed “a heart-warming set from a cultural treasure” by Mojo. Rolling Stone raves, “Buddy Guy proves blues is alive and well,” while Uncut notes, “[Guy] stretches out into these songs, inhabiting them comfortably and casually, almost always finding a way to make the familiar sound fresh.” Guy will be the recipient of this year’s Americana Music Awards Lifetime Achievement Honor, and at 82 years young, proves unstoppable as he continues to record and tour around the world.
EPISODE LISTBuddy Guy / Storyville (23)
Buddy Guy / August Greene (44)
- Congratulations to ACL’s winners at the 61st annual Grammy Awards
- ACL presents the 17th Annual Americana Honors & Awards
- Buddy Guy and August Greene close out ACL’s season 44 with blues and grooves
- ACL announces lineup for second half of Season 44
- ACL Artists at the 61st Annual Grammy Awards
- Buddy Guy gives ACL the blues
- Buddy Guy to live stream 9/17 ACL taping
- Giveaway: Buddy Guy
- New tapings: Buddy Guy and Trombone Shorty
- Congratulations to ACL artists on their 2016 Grammy wins