Used to Rule the World (Season 38)
Behind the Scenes: Bonnie Raitt and Mavis Staples (Season 38)
Bonnie Raitt | Austin City Limits Interview (Season 38)
More than just a bestselling artist, respected guitarist, expressive singer, and accomplished songwriter, Bonnie Raitt has become an institution in American music. Tonight, the nine-time Grammy winner, who Rolling Stone named one of the “100 Greatest Singers of All Time,” returns for her third performance on Austin City Limits.
After the success of 2005′s acclaimed Souls Alike, Raitt gave herself a break from her professional life. “I took a hiatus from touring and recording to get back in touch with the other part of my life,” she says. “On the road, under stress, it’s hard to stay in balance and move forward.”
With 2012′s Slipstream, Raitt is starting anew. The launch of her own label, Redwing Records, the album marks her return to studio recording after seven years and delivers some of the most surprising and rewarding music of her remarkable career. Raitt’s 19th album, Slipstream is “a loose and adventurous reminder of everything she does well” (Rolling Stone).
As always, her newest work showcases her incredible voice. NPR‘s review states, “Raitt has always possessed a gift for taking a familiar phrase and rendering it in a manner that compels a listener to think anew about what the words really mean.” American Songwriter says, “Raitt’s voice has gotten even better with more miles on it, still sounding like the sonic equivalent of a glass of Southern Comfort.”
EPISODE LISTSeason 38
Bonnie Raitt/Mavis Staples (Season 38)
- ACL’s all-star 40th anniversary
- Encore: Bonnie Raitt and Mavis Staples
- ACL congratulates our Grammy winners
- ACL Salutes the 2013 Grammy Nominees!
- ACL Presents: Americana Music Festival 2012
- Bonnie Raitt and Mavis Staples keep ACL’s new season rolling
- Season 38 begins on October 6
- ACL @ the Alamo: Stevie Ray Vaughan
- Bonnie Raitt & Mavis Staples: a soul sisters extravaganza
- June taping announcements: Bonnie Raitt, Dr. Dog and Mavis Staples